U-M Data Science & AI Summit 2022
MIDAS Annual Summit
WHEN: November 15, 2022 9:00 am-12:00 pmADD TO CALENDAR
This annual Summit (previously known as the annual Symposium) is the largest annual data science and AI event on campus. The event brings together the U-M data science and AI research community and their external collaborators to build research vision and collaboration. It also showcases the breadth and depth of U-M data science and AI research, from theory and methodology development to the transformative use of data and AI to address scientific and societal challenges in all domains.
The event is free for all attendees (U-M faculty, staff, and trainees, as well as industry, government and community members). Please visit our event page here to register: https://midas.umich.edu/midas-symposium-2022/
This year’s Summit will include the following:
- Keynote presentations by Dr. David Shor (Head of Data Science, OpenLabs R&D) and Dr. Suzanne R. Bakken (Professor of Biomedical Informatics and Alumni Professor of the School of Nursing, Columbia University Editor-in-Chief, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association)
- U-M research vision talks, with guest speakers from the School of Public Health, the Survey Research Center, the School of Information, and many departments.
- Propelling Original Data Science (PODS) grant awards showcase. Each year, MIDAS funds a number of innovative and high-impact data science and AI research projects. The project teams will give the audience an overview of their work.
- Poster sessions showcasing a wide range of data science and AI research projects and grassroots data science and AI organizations.
- Showcase of U-M data science and AI research organizations, including the Michigan AI Lab, Digital Studies Institute, and many others.
- Networking with speakers, University representatives, and external collaborators.
For full list of schedule, including speakers and abstracts, please visit our event site here: https://midas.umich.edu/midas-symposium-2022/#schedule
*please note that we are not able to offer this Summit in a hybrid format, but session recordings will be available after the event. Please feel free to reach out with any questions to: email@example.com